PHP for NonProgrammers
This is a friendly programming introduction for people new to coding. We’ll take a “Physics for Poets” approach to basic PHP concepts like variables, if/else statements, and functions. You’ll write some code, speak some geek, and start down the addictive path of programming logic. There’s also a geek quiz - in case you don’t know your Picards from your Kirks.
- Variables ($variable = where I store my stuff)
- Boolean logic (you can either eat cake OR eat cookies but you must run AND lift weights)
- Conditional statements (if this is true, do that, else, do something else)
- Functions (aka little blocks of “do stuff”)
- Scope (sometimes I whisper, sometimes I shout)
- Other tasty tidbits if time permits